Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Funny quotes from violinist and cellist

“If I don't practice one day, I know it; two days, the critics know it; three days, the public knows it.”
By  Jascha Heifetz, Russian violinist




"Let us not forget that the greatest composers were also the greatest thieves. They stole from everyone and everywhere."
By Pablo Casals, Spain Cellist



"For 37 years I've practiced 14 hours a day, and now they call me a genius."
By Pablo de Sarasate, Spanish Violinist



"I occasionally play works by contemporary composers and for two reasons: first, to disourage the composer from writing anymore, and second, to remind myself how much I appreciate Beethoven."
By Jascha Heifetz, Russian violinist




"There are more bad musicians than there is bad music."
By Isaac Stern



 "You paid for the whole bow, you will use the whole bow."
By Henry Meyer (LaSalle String Quartet)


 
"You may be ready for Beethoven,but Beethoven is not ready for you!" 
By Jascha Heifetz, Russian violinist

No comments:

Post a Comment