Sunday, April 17, 2011

Funny quotes from great conductors.

"Conductors must give unmistakable and suggestive signals to the orchestra, not choreography to the audience."
By George Szell



"Music can name the unnamable and communicate the unknowable."
By Leonard Bernstein



"If anyone has conducted a Beethoven performance, and then doesn't have to go to an osteopath, then there's something wrong."
By Simon Rattle


“Can't you read? The score demands "con amore," and what are you doing? You are playing it like married men!”
By Arturo Toscanini



"Life without music is unthinkable. Music without life is academic. That is why my contact with music is a total embrace."
By Leonard Bernstein



“When I am with composers, I say I am a conductor. When I am with conductors, I say I am a composer.”
By Leonard Bernstein



“Everything is written in the score. Except from the really important things.”
By Gustav Mahler

No comments:

Post a Comment