Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Funny quotes about classical music

“Bach almost persuades me to be a Christian.”
by Roger Fry, quoted in Virginia Woolf, Roger Fry (1940)



“Why waste money on psychotherapy when you can listen to the B Minor Mass?”
by Michael Torke



“I have been told that Wagner's music is better than it sounds.”
by Mark Twain



“The public doesn't want new music: the main thing it demands of a composer is that he be dead.”
by Arthur Honegger


"I love Wagner, but the music I prefer is that of a cat hung up by its tail outside a window and trying to stick to the panes of glass with its claws."
by Charles Baudelaire, French poet.



"Last night at Carnegie Hall, Jack Benny played Mendelssohn. Mendelssohn lost."
by Harold C. Schonberg



"I don't mind what language an opera is sung in so long as it is the language I don't understand."
by Sir Edward Appleton, English physicist



No comments:

Post a Comment